The primary responsibility of the Warehouse Shift Supervisor – Outbound is to coordinate a team of warehouse associates to prepare our customer orders safely and efficiently for the start of our first shift deliveries. The ideal candidate enjoys coaching and developing people to achieve their best job performance consistent with our Company core values, purpose, passion, goals, and safety standards.
· Training staff on standard operating procedures and safety.
· Holds staff accountable for achievement of budgets and goals.
· Recommends modifications to standard operating procedures to the Operations Manager should the need arise.
· Takes preventative action to ensure a safe work environment and writes accident reports.
· Works with the Sales and Marketing department to meet internal and external customer expectations relative to inventory and order fulfillment.
· Completes accurate inventory control activities and paperwork which include receivers’/unloaders’ reports, invoices, load sheets, facility & equipment reports.
· Execute all inventory and truck checking procedures as outlined in the current Warehouse and Inventory Control Policy.
· Stay current with all SOP and supplier compliance requirements and ensure warehouse personnel compliance with them.
· Execute manning schedule developed by the Routing Supervisor. Maintain up-to-date scheduling information to facilitate accurate payroll.
Qualified candidates are recommended to have a 2-year degree and at least one year of supervisory experience preferably in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing setting. Equivalent work-related experience in lieu of a degree will be considered. Computer literacy is required, preferably with the ability to utilize excel spreadsheets and word processing software. The incumbent will occasionally lift or move up to 165 pounds.
Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills/ knowledge:
· Enjoys coaching and developing people to achieve their best job performance consistent with our company core values, purpose, passion, goals, and safety standards.
· Demonstrated experience in leading a team.
· Proven ability to flourish in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
· Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety compliance standards, operating and maintenance instructions, and SOP’s. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Job Type: Full-time