The Senior Accountant will assist with the recording of transactions, reconciling general ledger accounts, assist in the closing of month end, analysis of results and special projects.
The successful candidate will:
- Successfully complete the first 90 days of training with a review from the Corporate Controller to address accuracy and efficiency of work performed
- Participate in companies’ morale building initiative and complete a successful 90-day onboarding period with an assigned mentor
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
Senior Staff Accountant:
· Prepares journal entries on a daily, weekly, monthly schedule.
· Assists in the month end and yearly closing process of multiple companies.
· Prepares and analyzes account reconciliations.
· Assists in the preparation of the monthly financial statements.
· Prepares analysis of variances between budgets and actual results.
· Collaborates with other departments to get information to assist in understanding financial results and variances.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly accruals of inventory and expenses.
· Preparation of NYS sales Tax and other tax/governmental reporting tasks.
· Prepare year end audit schedules and reconciliations.
· Assist in the yearly budgeting/planning process.
The successful candidate will be:
· Detail oriented
· Maintain a positive attitude
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Possess time management skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant experience.
· 2 – 5 years’ experience in Public Accounting a plus.
· Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel spreadsheets.
· Computer literacy including e-mail, internet, database inquiry and updating.
· Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Works in an indoor, climate-controlled office setting.
Job Type: Full-time