Join the Saratoga Eagle Sales and Service Operations Team!!
Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service, a fun, successful and growing company, has been a distributor of quality beverages in the Capital Region and surrounding counties for over 85 years. Saratoga Eagle recognizes the value of all of our stakeholders. The company provides the necessary tools and training for success!
The Safety Manager will ensure that the Company maintains a safe work environment for all stakeholders and the communities we service. The incumbent will educate stakeholders and ensure compliance with Company policies as well as federal, State, and local laws and procedures applicable to safety.
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
1. Acts as the Corporate Champion for Safety efforts for Saratoga Eagle, Inc., and its Subsidiaries.
2. Works closely with and coordinates with the VP Operations and all leadership positions covering all locations, departments, and stakeholders.
3. Investigates all injuries or accidents. Completes accident reports on injuries, vehicle damage or other property damage with supervisors and the stakeholder. Forwards the report to the appropriate supervisor.
4. Ensures that safety training is up to current standards. Ensures that safety training is being done in all departments at Saratoga Eagle, Inc and Subsidiaries. In essence, “train the trainers” and conduct front line training when necessary.
5. Ensures that new hires are receiving required OSHA Safety training and follows up on refresher safety re-training for all employees.
6. Ensure workforce is trained and equipped to execute all safety procedures.
7. Ensures that forklift and power jack operators are certified in OSHA safety procedures.
8. Plans, organizes, and facilitates periodic Safety Committee meeting comprised of representatives from various functional areas and shifts.
9. Creates and implements a stakeholder safety incentive/recognition program that encourages safe working habits in the workplace.
10. Works with HR management to complete Worker’s Compensation forms (C-2F, C-240, C-11, etc.) for insurance company.
11. Works with HR to maintain records related to workers compensation leave and communicates employee claims status to relevant leadership.
12. Works with case management to investigate possible fraudulent claims.
13. Maintains schedule for and conducts ride-along safety audits with delivery team on a regular basis, provides report to delivery management.
14. Establishes policies and procedures that ensure and/or promote a safe workplace.
15. Prepares monthly safety and accident reports.
16. Prepares and posts the OSHA 300 log.
17. Utilizes insurance Loss Control Consultants for safety investigations and problem solutions.
18. Maintains file keeping system on Workers Compensation injuries.
19. Ensures stakeholders who use their own personal vehicle have active liability insurance at the appropriate volume.
20. Maintains driver qualification files for SESS.
21. Manages company vehicle calendar and sign out/in process.
22. Assists with execution of Substance Abuse program.
1. Attends seminars and webinars to keep current in safety education.
2. Assist in the recruitment and hiring process of warehouse and delivery personnel as needed.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
The incumbent must have the following qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience overseeing workforce safety in a warehouse/delivery operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Proficient knowledge in OSHA General Industry Standards and the ability to train to those standards.
3. Must be able to travel to satellite offices and in the trade up to 25% of the work schedule.
4. A proven ability to compose clear, concise, and grammatically correct written communications; manage multiple priorities; and handle detailed administrative duties.
5. Ability to create and present a training curriculum and lesson plan.
6. Good organization skills.
7. Excellent verbal communication skills.
8. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Power Point. Accurate data-entry skills. Experience using internet applications and e-mail systems.
1. Walks premise to interact with workforce and observe facility conditions.
2. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to be available for 2nd and 3rd shift employee meetings.
3. Must be able to organize and file documentation.
4. Must be able to utilize office equipment in completion of work including but not limited to copier, fax, telephone, and computer.
1. The work environment is predominantly indoors and climate controlled. Incumbent will periodically be outdoors for outside inspection of processes and facilities.
Job Type: Full-time