Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service – A fun, successful and growing company, has been a distributor of quality beverages in the Capital Region and surrounding areas; and has reliably serviced clients throughout the region for over 85 years.
Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service, Inc. located in Saratoga Springs, NY is a family owned, full-service beverage distributor servicing 21 counties in New York State. Saratoga Eagle was founded in 2005 and has grown to employee over 275 stakeholders.
We are currently hiring for a District Sales Manager in the Lake Placid, NY region.
To achieve company’s sales objectives in assigned accounts through effective coaching and supervision of assigned pre-sell RSC’s and through personal selling to accounts assigned.
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
· Continuously identify sales opportunities and resolve problems in assigned accounts or routes.
· Maintain or grow sales volume of all brands to market share level appropriate for assigned sales routes.
· Hire, coach, train and supervise team of Retails Sales Consultants.
· Track, measure and evaluate teams’ performance.
· Grow Revenue, volume and points of distribution.
· Build retail relationships.
· Monitor competition in assigned accounts and communicate regularly with management on competitive activity, through weekly reports and rides with team sell, etc.
· Assist team in sales presentations to key accounts while working in the field.
· Must adhere to Team/Ride-With Selling Matrix and complete all reporting forms weekly. Assist in developing and implementing on-going field training for assigned personnel to improve selling and route management skills.
· Responsible for effective communication with subordinates and for motivating each individual to achieve the desired results in assigned accounts.
· Makes sales calls on accounts as directed, to sell Company programs and other specific sales objectives.
· Make contact with customer personnel in assigned accounts on a regularly scheduled basis to build relationships and to optimize selling efforts to accounts.
· Responsible for display execution of all major chain ad features.
· Adhere to Company policy and procedures, Brewery requirements and State and Federal laws and regulations.
· Maintain appearance standards and professional image according to Company policy.
· Properly use, maintain and safeguard Company, equipment, supplies and tools.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related retail sales experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basis algebra and geometry.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database software; Internet software; inventory software; order processing systems; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Ability to obtain and maintain a NYS Solicitor’s permit required. Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation throughout the work day is also required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication skills and people skills. Management experience, highly organized, analytical skills and strategic thinking.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. Travels to various client accounts; such as, convenient stores, grocery stores, bars, and restaurants. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job Types: Full-time