Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service is a successful and growing beverage distributor servicing the Capital Region and surrounding regions for over 85 years. We are a family owned business and we are searching for the right candidate to join our Sales Team!!
We are looking for a Sales Trainee in the Albany and surrounding areas!
As Sales Trainee to Retail Sales Consultants, develop personal relationships with retailers to enhance a positive image of the Company by performing the following duties. To optimize execution at the account level and cost effectively distribute company products. Major objectives are to improve market share; distribution; account relationship; product shelf position; and optimize case sales per stop. May be responsible to cover Merchandiser routes as needed.
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
· Call on assigned accounts according to schedule as assigned by the Service Manager.
· Responsible for pre-order coverage for all PTO in assigned team’s area.
· Responsible for pre-order coverage for all SESS holiday weeks in assigned teams’ area.
· Responsible for pre-order coverage for all Team Sell days for assigned team`s.
· Responsible for the sales of all brands, packages and promotions offered by the Company.
· Collect all accounts receivable within designates accounts per company policy.
· Adheres to all sales standards (per sales manual) example: P.O.S., rotation etc.
· Attends all sales functions (meetings, promotions, etc.).
· Investigates and resolves customer problems with sales and deliveries.
· An Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent experience from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Must be able to attain and maintain a NYS Liquor Authority Solicitor’s permit.
· Ability to follow directions and complete assignments in a timely manner.
· Ability to read labels, policies and procedures; comprehend various coding systems; write correspondence, give presentations to staff on company related information.
· Must be computer literate and able to utilize database software, internet software, and inventory software, order processing systems, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift 50 lbs. and/or move up to 250 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance and color vision.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. Travels to various client accounts; such as, convenient stores, grocery stores, bars, and restaurants.
Job Type: Full-time