Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service – a fun, successful and growing company, has been a distributor of quality beverages in the Capital Region and surrounding areas; and has reliably serviced clients throughout the region for over 85 years.
We are currently looking for a motivated individual to join our Sales Team! This position is full time with competitive starting pay and includes a comprehensive benefit package. This route covers Malta, Ballston Spa, and Saratoga.
Job Summary: To optimize execution at the account level and cost effectively distribute company products. Major objectives are to improve market share; distribution; account relationship; product shelf position; and optimize case sales per stop. As front line representative to retailers, use personal relationships to develop a positive image of the Company by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Assists DSM with the development and implementation of monthly sales plan.
- Achieves sales objectives and performance standards identified in the sales plan.
- Completes Impact Selling Objectives/reporting at account level.
- Responsible for the sales of all brands, packages and promotion offered by the Company.
- Call on assigned accounts according to schedule approved by DSM.
- Collect all accounts receivable within designated accounts per company policy.
- Adheres to all sales standards (per sales manual) example: P.O.S., rotation etc.
- Communicates completion activity/pricing information to DSM.
- Attends all sales functions (meetings, promotions etc.).
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Provides daily voicemail and e-mail communication.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with sales and deliveries.
- Develops retailer presentations.
- An Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent experience from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to attain and maintain a NYS Liquor Authority Solicitor’s permit.
- Ability to follow directions and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to read labels, policies and procedures; comprehend various coding systems; write correspondence, give presentations to staff on company related information.
- Must be computer literate and able to utilize database software, internet software, and inventory software, order processing systems, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift 50 lbs. and/or move up to 250 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance and color vision.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. Travels to various client accounts; such as, convenient stores, grocery stores, bars, and restaurants.
Job Type: Full-time